Lindsley Waterproofing — Basement Waterproofing-Foundation Repair-Crawlspace DeWatering-Yard Drainage
Bagulā Lindsley Waterproofing
We’ve been providing Foundation Waterproofing Services; Basement Waterproofing, Crawlspace Conditioning, De-Watering Services, Foundation Repair and Yard Drainage to residents & businesses in the greater Triangle area of North Carolina since 1994. Our team of seasoned professionals is at your service.
In almost anything we do in life, there can be easy ways and there can be good ways. Rarely can we have both – ‘easy’ and ‘good’. Protecting basements, crawlspaces, and foundations of our homes are no exception.
Most homes are constructed with foundations that extend well below ground-level. Whenever it rains, some of the rainwater goes into the ground. We can reduce that, but we can’t stop it. Homes should be constructed so that no matter how saturated the ground gets, it simply doesn’t matter. That’s where waterproofing and foundation drainage come into play.
http://topimatge.com/prova-video/ At Lindsley Waterproofing we have the utmost respect for realtors (read more). We have seen numerous examples of folks who regretted not engaging a realtor before buying or selling a property. We believe that the importance of hiring a realtor is second only to the need to choose a good doctor for your health needs. For a vast majority of people, buying or selling a house will be the biggest financial decision they’ll make in their entire life.
Here are ‘7 truths about foundation protection’:
- Foundations, whether they’re in a basement or a crawlspace, need to have good protection from surface and sub-surface rainwater. Building codes require it so that when the ground gets saturated close to a house, it won’t matter. It won’t matter because the house has good foundation protection.
- If rainwater goes under a house when it rains, that automatically means that the foundation protection isn’t working. The Protection has deficiencies! Dependable protection needs to be restored (or created).
- Improving roof-water run-off can reduce the amount of water that exploits those deficiencies, but the deficiencies will still be there. Water will continue to go into the ground and get under the house – albeit less.
- Improving grading (ground-slope) close to the house unquestionably is a good thing. It encourages surface run-off; it reduces the amount of rainwater that goes into the ground, and it reduces the amount of water that exploits those protection-deficiencies. But the deficiencies will still be there. Water will continue to go into the ground and get under the house – albeit less. [Common sense should tell us to tell us that if sloped surfaces prevented water from going into the ground, vegetation would not flourish on mountains or hillsides.]
- ‘Reducing’ the amount of water getting under a house is not a ‘solution’ to a water intrusion problem; it’s an improvement, but it’s not a solution. It doesn’t take massive volumes of water to cause problems. Termites and fungi growing on floor joists are very happy with frequent wet-ness; they don’t need several inches of water to flourish.
- Trying to keep water away from a poorly protected foundation is a losing strategy. The winning strategy is to protect the foundation.
- Telling homeowners that better roof-water drainage and better grading next to a house will solve a water intrusion problem SIMPLY IS NOT TRUE. Advisors, Consultants, Brothers-in-Law: don’t tell people that!! You would be doing them a grave disservice. Tell them that they should contact a well-established drainage expert. Steer them to a company that has been around for a long time, replaced thousands of faulty foundation protection systems, guaranteed those new systems, and maintained an unblemished record with all the areas Better Business Bureaus by backing those guarantees. buy Lyrical dance costumes online Lindsley Waterproofing has been doing this for more than 2 decades.
Download Our Brochure > Lindsley Waterproofing Brochure